ISBN allocation – information for authors
In order to be able to allocate an ISBN to your publication, we will need a signed Application for ISBN allocation form, which will be supplemented by the statement of the head of your workplace. It is necessary to download the form into your computer before its completion.
Please learn about the rules for ISBN allocation.
If the textbook is not published within 6 months of the scheduled publication date, the editor/author of the publication informs the publishing house about a new publication date, or "returns" the allocated ISBN.
Additional formal requirements of a publication
Please do not omit the following details in your publication:
- UWB logo: the UWB logo should be placed on the cover of the publication, possibly with the logo of your faculty (see the Directive on Uniform Visual Style). The UWB logos can be found on UWB Portal.
- ISBN and the year of publication: the second page of the publication should contain the following: ISBN, the phrase "Published by the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen.", and the year of publication. You will be informed about the ISBN, the editorial number and publication number as soon as the publication is approved by the Scientific Editorial Board of UWB. The ISBN should be entered in the following form: ISBN 978-80-261-XXXX-X, i.e. with the abbreviation ISBN and without the colon (more about the rules for ISBN allocation).
- colophon: a colophon (the printer´s statement) of the publication, usually located at the end of the publication, should contain:
- the information that "The publication of the book was approved by the Scientific Editorial Board of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen."
- the names of the reviewers
- the editorial number and the number of the publication
- statutory details: the author, the title of the publication, the translator (if translated), the name and address of the publishing house, the name and address of the printing company, the year of publication, the original title of the work and the original publisher (if translated) - see the provisions of Act No. 37/1995 Coll. on non-periodical publications
- additional (optional) details: publication issue number, number of pages, number of copies, possibly the editor/editors, etc.
Delivery of mandatory copies
The editor/author will hand in 18 copies of the publication to the UWB Publishing House together with the abstract within 4 days of the publication. In the case of an online publication, it is necessary to send the text of the online publication to the UWB Publishing House, which will publish it on its webpage.
The UWB Publishing House will be happy to arrange for you printing of your publication or graphic design of the cover, typeface, setting, etc. If you are interested, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at +420 377 631 950.
A few tips to prepare prints
We have compiled a few pieces of advice for the preparation of prints. Don´t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We will be happy to assist you.